10 step process to House ShoppingLooking at houses is an exciting process. Here are some helpful steps to be prepared for when you are looking at homes. Some of the questions are
* How do I find the right neighborhood?
* How many homes should I look at?
* How much time should I allow?
* What if I can't find my dream home?
*How will I know when I have found the right house?
This is a fun process! Let's go shopping
Looking at houses is an exciting process. Here are some helpful steps to be prepared for when you are looking at homes. Some of the questions are
So you are ready to start looking for a home. Here is my 10 step guide to follow when shopping for a house
- Date a Neighborhood. I know when I was looking for a house, some areas just didn’t vibe with me, but others I really connected with. Listen to that intuition ! And don’t ask on a Facebook page because all you will get is people validated the decision on the reason they choose the area they are in
- Get a short list together to look at. It is recommended when you go out and look at houses, stick to around 6-8. After this number, they will all start blending into one! It can also be quite exhausting. If you have a lot of houses you want to look at, schedule for another day when you will be refreshed. The average buyer will look at around 12 houses before deciding.
- DO ALLOW ENOUGH TIME Don’t buy in haste, repent at leisure. Make sure you allow lots of time on your house hunt, and arrange a second viewing on any potentials. Follow the rule of thumb – your first visit is with your heart, the second is with your head
- DON’T HAVE A LARGE COFFEE BEFORE YOUR START LOOKING, It is not appropriate to use the facilities of the home we are touring, Plus some vacant homes may have the water turned off. Just saying
- DO WEAR PRACTICAL SHOES. Some homeowners may request that you remove your shoes, and especially when the weather is inclement. Wear shoes that are easy to take on and off, not lots of laces, and wear your best socks.
- DO FIND A BABYSITTER FOR THE CHILDREN. Children find the whole process VERY exciting, and tend to pick and decorate ‘their bedroom’ before we’ve even written a contract. So rather than worry about them knocking over the Seller’s best china, find care for them.
- DON’T BE A WALL FLOWER. Do be very vocal. As your Realtor, I have many gifts …. the power of reading your mind is not one of them. This is not my house so you will not offend me. And it helps me to understand what you are wanting.
- DO BE PREPARED TO COMPROMISE. Create a ‘Wish List’ and if you are buying as a couple, compare your lists so that you are on the same page. Also discuss your big ‘no-no’s’. And be prepared, you probably won’t find everything on your list so be prepared to compromise on this.
- DO LISTEN TO YOUR GUT I truly believe that a house can pick you as much as you pick a house. Your instinct can be powerful.
- Do expect to kiss a few frogs. This whole process is a bit like dating. You will ‘kiss a few frogs’, have your heart broken, and then just when you think there are no more ‘fish in the sea’, Mr/Mrs Right House will be just around the corner. Its a cliche, but what is meant to be will be.
This is a fun process! Let’s go shopping
#homebuying #firsttimehomebuyers #realestate #realtor #realestateagent #home #property #investment #forsale #realtorlife #househunting #dreamhome #luxury #interiordesign #luxuryrealestate #newhome #architecture #house #homesweethome #realestateinvesting #luxuryhomes #realestatelife #business #design #realestateinvestor #realty #sold #entrepreneur #mortgage #broker #homesforsale #justlisted